Family Violence and Restraining Orders
Family Violence is a very serious matter. It is the allegation of a commission of any felony or the commission of the offenses of battery, simple battery, simple assault, assault, stalking, criminal damage to property, unlawful restraint, or criminal trespass. The law on Family Violence can cover both physical and emotional abuse.
A Family Violence action can impact matters such as access to children, custody, visitation and even the right to occupy a jointly held home. The Judge can order drug and alcohol testing as part of the proceeding. Thus, it is important to understand your legal rights, whether you are seeking protection or have been accused. Our attorneys will guide you through this process with care; seeking an end that is just.
Other Practice Areas
- Child Custody and Visitation Modification
- Child Support
- Civil Union and LGBTQ Relationship Dissolutions
- Equitable Parent and Step-Parent Custody and Visitation
- Grandparents Custody and Visitation
- Name Changes and Gender Marker Changes
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements